Jan 5, 2012

Don't Judge a Smoothie by it's Color!

As told by my 10 year old. I go in phases of making smoothies, and winter isn't usually one of my successful phases. However, Rachel has been requesting them lately, and I was happy to oblige!

Normally I throw in all frozen fruit I have on hand (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and peaches) and she has never been a huge fan. This time we did "green" smoothies, banana, peach yogurt, lots of fresh spinach and a splash of milk. She was in heaven. I have always tossed in spinach, flax seed and pureed squash or sweet potato too, just to amp up the benefits. These were a big hit with Rachel and Alayna, Emma still prefers the berry kind:)

There are so many options when talking about smoothies, and what a great way to get some extra fruits and veggies into them!

No comments: