Aug 11, 2014

Salmon

Brad was busy "working" last week on Lake Michigan and brought home an 11 pound rainbow trout and a 21 pound king salmon!  As much as I want to love salmon, I've never much cared for it.  However, now we have 8 packs of salmon steaks in our freezer, so its time to find a good recipe!


I combined a couple recipes that I found and it turned out quite good!  Brad and Rachel loved it, the other two, not so much. I also whipped up some couscous that I had in the cupboard, and some roasted broccoli and parsnips.  I've never had parsnips before and they were delicious!  They taste like a milder sweet potato fry.  And because I knew that the younger wouldn't touch the salmon if it was the last thing on earth, I made scalloped potatoes with ham.

Salmon Steaks
2- 1 1/2 inch thick salmon steaks
1/3 c. maple syrup
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
salt/pepper

Combine ingredients in saucepan and heat until boiling, remove from heat and cool completely.  Place steaks in a gallon Ziploc bag and pour marinade over steaks.  Marinade at least one hour and can marinade overnight.

Take steaks our and place in a baking dish, bake at 350 until salmon is opaque all the way through and flaky.

*Next time I will double the marinade so it was more saucy in the pan, and let it marinade overnight!

1 comment:

Julie redheadcandecorate.com said...

I have mixed feelings on salmion too, Cara! Thanks for stopping by today. The corn would be good with it for sure. I have a recipe on my blog where I brown salmon with sugar, seasoning salt, and olive oil. Then I flake it up w/a fork and mix it with mayo and baked potato. I then put it back in the potato and bake it to make twiced baked salmon potatoes. These are killer, girl. Add a few green onions too :)