Jan 26, 2015

What's Going on This Week

It's Monday already, I seriously can't get over how fast time goes these days....
 Is, , , it, , , friday, , ,yet?!

My elbow is finally feeling better, I had an xray and nothing was broken, thank goodness.  I cannot even tell you how painful this has been.  And do you have any idea how many times a day you bump your elbow?  Like a thousand...Needless to say I think my hubby will be over the moon to have his wife back.  I don't do pain.

Friday night we met some friends for happy hour, all three girls were gone babysitting (well, Rachel was babysitting, but we know the family really well and they wanted all 3 to come) so we had a few hours to ourselves.  We were home and sleeping on the couch by 9.  Pitiful. 

Saturday we all cleaned (did I mention the new allowance program we've got going with the girls?  I LOVE it!) and I did my food prep for the week.  
 Menu Plan Monday for the week of Jan 26/15 at I'm an Organizing Junkie blog.  Join us!

Here's what's on the menu:

Monday:  Chili Mac and Cheese
Tuesday: Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Wednesday: Meatloaf
Thursday: Cheesy Chicken and Asparagus Risotto

2 of those are new recipes, I'll try and blog about them next week.
Saturday night we had a 40th birthday party and 3 of the guys that were there have a band, so around midnight the guitars came out and it was awesome!  They played everything from Johnny Cash to Hootie and the Blowfish.  Needless to say we didn't get home until 3:30, I was sober driver but it's amazing how crappy you feel not having much sleep.  I was wide awake at 7, grrr...
Sunday was just another finish cleaning/laundry day.  I made Pepperjack Cheesy Potato Soup that was yummy, and for supper I made homemade chicken strips for the girls and steaks for us (that we won at the meat raffle Friday night, whoop whop!) with baked potatoes.  It was divine.

Rachel has a volleyball tournament in Rochester this weekend, ugh.  I am not looking forward to driving that much, but what do you do.  We (the players and families) are doing a potluck Saturday night, so that will be nice to not have to eat out.  I will pack about 4000 pounds of food for lunches, and I believe I am off Thursday instead of Tuesday this week, so that will work perfect.

Happy Monday!

P.S.  I finally updated the recipes and fitness tabs at the top of my blog.  It's not fancy, and the recipe are not categorized and never will be.  I'm just happy to finally get those two pages done!

No comments: