Nov 23, 2015

Thanksgiving Week




I can't believe Thanksgiving week is already upon us!  We are having my family over on Thanksgiving (provided that the weather cooperates...) and I am so excited!  We also have a new baby in the family, my niece Andrea had another baby girl on Saturday.  Nothing better than getting to snuggle a sweet little one...

We had a fantastic weekend!  Despite my horrific headaches I've been having, we got SO much stuff done around the house.  We are planning on finishing our 3rd and 4th levels (right now we have the family room on the 3rd floor finished but that's all) this winter, so even though the extra rooms are not finished, we still use them.  The girls have a toy room and a craft room right now in those rooms.

This is about what it looked like on Friday.


Seriously.  I should have taken a picture.  We got rid of SO much stuff.  We were able to completely clean out one room and organize the others, it just feels good to have things organized and in their place.

And yes, this happened most of the weekend.  Emma spent most of her time on her bed complaining about how much she hates cleaning...and Alayna spent ALL afternoon playing in the toy room, it was like Christmas for her! 


Tonight I have a La Leche League meeting that I am leading so I will be gone, tomorrow Alayna has conferences and then it's Wednesday already!  I am off Thursday-Sunday and can't wait!

Here is what's on our menu this week!

Tonight since I am not home its sausage for the fam!  We eat this at least once a month, we all love it and bonus, we make it ourselves.  :)



Tuesday is good ole tator tot hotdish, Alayna's favorite!

Wednesday will probably be a hodge podge of whatever we have.  I will be busy prepping for Thursday.


Thanksgiving Day Menu

Martha Stewart's roasted Turkey
Creamy Mashed Potatoes
Butternut Squash, Mushroom and Ricotta Tart (a new recipe, looks so good!)
Sausage and Thyme Stuffing
Corn
Strawberry Spinach Salad
Orange Jello Salad with Carrots and Celery
Sweet Milk Rolls
Pumpkin Pie

I also want to try this new cocktail recipe, looks so refreshing!

MoscowMulewords

I am thankful for so much this year.  I hate when people are always saying "I am SOOOOOO blessed!!"  I dunno, pet peave of mine, I guess.  Aren't we all blessed??  I am thankful for mine and my families health, for reconciliation and most of all, thankful that no matter what I do, God's got me.  I really don't know where my life would be without Him.  I do not pretend to have it all together.  We don't go to church as often as I would like, but I am teaching my girls about God's love on a daily basis.  I don't know if it's my stubbornness that makes me not want to go to church every Sunday because someone "tells" me I should.   I feel that how we live our day to day lives is more important than showing up to church every Sunday.   Just my 2 cents.

I hope you all have an amazing Thanksgiving!

Linking up with:  Biana with B Loved Boston and Meghan












2 comments:

Donna said...

Your Thanksgiving menu sounds delicious, and so does your homemade sausage!

Making Restorations said...

Wow you guys have a ton on projects planned for the winter, finishing both levels. Would love to see before and after photos when you're all done!
http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com