Dec 31, 2015

Christmas 2015

Another amazing Christmas is down in the books, and I'm not gonna lie, this momma is TIIIIRED!!
I love every part of Christmas, but it's so funny how as soon as it's over, you wanna sleep for about 480 hours straight....
Christmas Eve is always spent with Brad's family, the last couple years it's been at his sister's house which is so nice!  We go over there around 2 and everyone brings appetizers and you just snack all day long.  I love this picture of Grandma and Grandpa with all of the grandkids and great grandkids!

We stayed until about 6:30 and then headed home (the long 2 minute drive!) to do our celebrating.


We of course had to do a family selfie!


We open presents, snack a bit and then watch Christmas Vacation for the last time, it's always a sad moment when it's the last viewing...One of the funniest moments was when Brad pulled out his backpack that he got from his work and Emma said, "well of all the cheap ways to make a buck..." and we all dies.  If you haven't seen Christmas Vacation, you won't get it, so funny! 

After the movie the girls head to bed.  They always sleep in Rachel's room and watch a movie, and Brad and I get everything ready for Christmas morning.  Typically I make cinnamon rolls, but this year I ordered caramel rolls from our local diner and had Brad pick them up Christmas Eve.  They were unbaked and ready to rise, I wish I had a picture of how huge they were!

The girls actually slept in for the first time ever, and we woke them up around 7.  Everyone was thrilled with what Santa brought and it was a nice relaxing morning.

I love this picture because these two argue more than love...


We went to church at 9:30 and then to the farm for the day.  It was SO relaxing and we enjoyed lots of yummy eats and card playing.

Saturday we woke up to a snow storm which was wonderful and we had no plans which was even better!  We of course got some snow boarding and snowman making in.


Saturday night Rachel and I decided to make a big fancy meal, Beef Bourguignon.  I loved having her be my sous chef, and the meal was outstanding!


Definitely something we will make again! 


Sunday brought Christmas with my mom, her husband and my Step brother and brothers families.  It was a ton of fun!  We (ok they) played charades, and Tenzies and we ate lots of yummy food.  It was so nice to have all of us together again!  It was the perfect ending to a busy week.


I have so much to be thankful for, just last year things felt hopeless and many times I asked, "why us?"  The last few months have brought so much happiness to my family and I am just so thankful to God for answering prayers.  It was a lesson in patience for me.

I hope each of you has an amazing New Years Eve and I pray that 2016 brings you much happiness and joy!!!

Image result for happy new year images

1 comment:

Julie @ Just the Joy's said...

What a fun a busy Christmas! Love the family selfie and the pictures of the girls! So pretty!